We are looking for a creative, energetic and self-motivated individual that has enthusiasm for music events and festivals and would like to work within a busy events company.
The individual will be working as part of the Marketing department in our London office in Covent Garden, across UK festivals and assisting on content on other festivals and events within our portfolio. Responsible for all online communications incorporating the website, blogs and initiating content ideas for the newsletters.
The candidate must be able to work as part of a team, constantly provide fresh and innovative ideas, have an eye for detail and have worked in a journalistic environment previously. They will be required to work onsite at the UK festivals which usually span weekends. European events have their own marketing teams on the ground but often require content ideas and suggestions.
• Produce, maintain and update content and sections across all websites
• Research, write and edit high quality, lively, topical articles
• Check ongoing accuracy and relevance
• Ensure that all materials produced for the site are user focused, well-written, optimised for search engines and regularly updated
• Understand and develop the brand voice for each festival and apply that to create engaging (link bait) articles and copy as well as the micro copy (calls to action, button text, on site help text)
• Understand the user journey across platforms, knowing when and where to inject calls to action to maximum effect
• Liaise with the social teams to complement their content ideas
• Liaise with partners and sponsors to fulfil digital contractual agreements
• Maintain high editorial standards
• Monitor traffic to site and to e-newsletter, ensuring KPIs are reached and exceeded and ensure SEO strategies are high priority and delivered consistently.
• Use the available data from analytics (social and web) and Mailchimp reports to improve goal conversion by creating and changing content.
• Ensure that all materials produced for the site are user focused, well-written, optimised for search engines and regularly updated Ensure the highest standards of accuracy, as well as having regard for tone, style and legality of all copy
• Collate and analyse statistics for all websites, communities and prepare weekly reports and inferences from data
• Coordinate innovative digital content on site at the festival
• Implement a blogging strategy ensuring a wide variety of news, comment, real life stories and promotion of events
• Solid journalistic/editorial experience of writing for web
• Experience of using and managing various content management systems and core concepts behind online content authoring (e.g. using a WYSIWYG editor)
• Knowledge of information architecture and user focus
• Understanding of technological issues, e.g. search engine optimisation, Meta data standards and accessibility issues
• Understanding of brand issues
• Experience of user testing
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Good use of Microsoft Office
• Ability to manage a number of projects at one time
• Approachable and conversational
• Fluent in English
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Some experience using Adobe Creative Suites
• Knowledge and enthusiasm for UK festival markets and events
• Working experience within a similar industry