Point Blank are an award-winning electronic music school based in London and Los Angeles. We have a vacancy for a full-time Blog Writer / Social Media Executive to work as part of the marketing team. An in-depth knowledge and passion for electronic music is essential. In addition you must have previous writing and editing experience within digital media.
You will use strong creative writing skills to create effective and engaging marketing materials and campaigns, increasing our brand presence and promoting our courses via websites, social networks and live events.
Using our wealth of in-house multimedia content, you’ll be required to write original, engaging copy for our blog and content partners. You’ll also be required to pro-actively share the resulting editorial with relevant music, lifestyle and education websites to maximise its online impact. You ideally will already have established contacts in this space and will be web-savvy, understanding the requirements of what makes content shareable.
The successful candidate will be an outgoing, enthusiastic and charismatic person with plenty of determination. As a passionate enthusiast of electronic music, you’ll be able to effectively showcase the merits of our content through creating original pieces and be able to ‘sell’ the content effectively to relevant websites and blogs.
- Creation of daily written blog articles on Wordpress, combining this with relevant imagery and video content.
- Daily posting of content on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and Instagram
- Working with partners to create regular collaboration with Point Blank, with sharing of content on social channels and editorially as appropriate.
- Design & create graphics/images for use across social networks.
- Support with inbound and outbound marketing enquiries where relevant for the purposes of furthering PB’s marketing efforts.
- Support with ad campaigns on multiple websites.
- Monitoring feedback and responses from PB networks, assisting potential students with responses and sending course enquiries to advisors as appropriate.
- Must possess a strong flair for creative writing, combining existing assets such as images and video alongside engaging, original writing to build compelling online content.
- Enthusiastic and passionate – Must have passion for and knowledge of electronic music that they can transfer into their duties.
- Outgoing and connected – able to spark up conversations with prospective content partners, whilst already having a wide range of relevant existing music industry contacts.
- Determined and resilient – cannot be put off by a lack of response or interest from potential partners!
- Articulate and confident – Is able to quickly and clearly get across the benefits of PB content to prospective partners, whether in person, email or phone.
- Full-time position
- £20,000- £25,000, dependant on experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ relevant experience
ID#1290Job TitleBlog Writer / Social Media ExecutiveCompanyPoint Blank Music SchoolEmployment TypeFull TimeLocationUnited KingdomIndustryDigital mediaCareer LevelJuniorPresenceOffice